First time registering?
Review the procedure and information requirements below. Then, when you are ready to register, click the button below to begin the registration process. A password or invoice number is not required to register.
About the workshop
This unique workshop features a renowned award-winning teaching staff, personalized specialty training tracks, book creation sessions led by experienced advisers, professional plan artists, and one-on-one sessions with a design professional to give your publication a personal touch. We also sprinkle in time for fun and staff-bonding
Attend the 5280 Summer Yearbook Journalism workshop and your program will improve, your book will improve, and your staff will grow as yearbook journalists. Go!
You will leave camp with the following:
- Specialized Yearbook Training Theme Developed
- Coverage Plan Finalized Graphic Design Plan
- A Professional Cover Designed Staff Bonding
- New Friends
- Gather the following information prior to registration
- Adviser and student participant names
- Adviser and student summer addresses
- Adviser and student home phone numbers
- Adviser and student cell phone numbers
- Adviser and student email address
- Adviser and student specialty track selection
Pick one day to complete this at school
Step 3 - Fill out and mail forms
Print a medical release form, computer use form and code of conduct form for each attendee. (student and adult) Have all forms completed and mailed in one envelope to:
10940 S. Parker Rd.
Parker, CO 80134
Attn: Peter Griffin
For your security, this website operates on a 24 hour time out that starts the first time you access enter it. Please complete your registration within that time period to avoid loosing any of your registration data.
Click here to login with your invoice number and password.
Login to view your registration status or change your registration. Your invoice number and password for your group was included on the registration summary that was emailed to your primary contact after your initial registration.
Expert Teaching Staff
Our National Talent
- Tina Cleavelin, CJE - Jostens Creative Accounts Manager
- Cade Cleavelin - Professional Photojournalist
- Margaret Sorrows - MJE and Past National Yearbook Adviser of the Year, Jostens Ambassador
- Carol Stelljes - Jostens Plant Artist
Our Local Heroes
- Tina Barber - Cherokee Trail High School Yearbook and Newspaper Adviser
- Jami DeVries - Heritage High School Yearbook Adviser
- Jess Hunziker, CJE - Castle View High School Yearbook and Newspaper Adviser
- Dan Morris - Cheyenne East High School Yearbook Adviser
- Karen Slusher, CJE - Eaglecrest High School Yearbook Adviser
Your Local Jostens Team
- Peter Griffin
- Kati Knisley
- Dana Weiss
- Kandis Bernal
- Janey Wilding
Types of Training
Individual Learning Tracks
Each camper chooses an individual learning track based on years of experience and interests. Instructors with tailor the training to the individuals experience level.
- Choose From:
- YEARBOOK 101
For experience level of 0 - 1 years on staff. For students and first-year advisers.
- YEARBOOK 202
For staffers who have been on yearbook for at least one year. Attendee’s of this track should have a basic understanding of journalism terms, yearbook writing and design. This track will expand on basic knowledge and introduce advanced yearbook journalism concepts.
- PHOTOGRAPHY TRACK
For photographers who want to develop artistic and technical skills. Participants rotate between lecture and hands-on shooting assignments. A digital camera, batteries, and media storage is required.
Each day will feature breakout sessions for specialized learning. Campers choose the session that best fits their needs. We will have sessions targeted for advisers, editors-in- chief, technology, specialty design, and specialty writing.
School Design Sessions
Schools will have the opportunity to meet with a professional cover designer to help design a unique cover. A creative session with your Jostens Creative Manager, Tina Cleavelin, will also be offered for personal consultation.
YB Staff Work Sessions
You will leave the workshop with some or all of the following completed. Theme/concept, cover design, ladder, coverage plan and layout templates. Your staff will have dedicated time to work together under the guidance of an experienced yearbook adviser.
Earn Grad Credit
Do you need grad credit? Jostens has an exclusive offer with Colorado State University. Earn 3 credits for attending the workshop. $154.00.
Cost and Attendance Options
$365.00 per camper
($50.00 increase after Friday, May 31, 2019)
$235.00 per camper
($50.00 increase after Friday, May 31, 2019)
Adviser Single Room Option
$50.00 additional charge